In this video tutorial, I will demonstrate how to assemble several projects using supplies from the January 2019 Paper Pumpkin kit – Be My Valentine. Each month, the kit is a surprise and the January kit has all of the supplies necessary to create 24 pillow treat boxes. First, we will go over the contents of the kit. Then, using the supplies from my kit and the refill kits which are only available to subscribers, I demonstrated how to assemble the pillow boxes using similar to the ones pictured with the kit. Next, I created an alternative project using Hershey Nuggets. We used the pillow boxes to create a tray for the Nuggets and wrappers for the chocolate. Then, I showed how to use the shapes to create a topper. Stamping and inking techniques were demonstrated. Finally, we used another piece of the box to create a tag which can be added to a Valentine’s Day present or treat. The techniques demonstrated should inspire you to create Valentines and share the love, even if you don’t have these exact supplies.
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin and get a surprise box of crafty goodness each month.
Hershey Nugget Treats
- Cut a 3″ by 2.25″ section of the box to use for the Hershey Nugget tray.
- Score at 3/8″ on each side.
- Cut three pieces of 3″ by 1″ strips from the boxes to use for the Hershey Nugget wrappers.
- Place the tray into a 2″ cellophane bag.
- Use two Pool Party circles for the topper.
- Sponge a heart using Flirty Flamingo.
- Stamp the sentiment “You are one in a Chameleon” using Melon Mambo.
- Sponge the sentiment.
- Attach the sentiment, chameleons and enamel hearts to the larger heart using dimensionals.
- Attach the heart to the tag topper using dimensionals.
Valentine’s Day Tag
- Cut a 3.25″ by 2″ section of the box to use for the tag.
- Punch the top using the Tag Topper Scalloped Punch.
- Loop a piece of Soft Sky ribbon through the tag. Note: Pool Party is the actual coordinating color.
- Embellish the tag with hearts, chameleons, and a sentiment.
- Tie a bow onto the tag using Whisper White Baker’s Twine.
More Projects by The Papered Chef:
Ooooh, I love it , I don’t get PP, but I can do it with hoppy for you , and or the valentines set , yes?
I tryed drawing , omg I did …. sweet Autumn, that’s one of my granddaughter,name .lol
Love it … thanks for the tip , oh but I used the pin holder that came with it , but I did order the one you have , but went to JoAnns and they don’t carry the mat for less money , I’ll have to go somewhere else, 😩😩😩
Kim , thanks for all your classes ,
Hugs Frenchie ♥️
Thanks Frenchie! Oh yes, use whatever you have and make treats using these ideas and dimensions for inspiration. Glad you tried the pen holder trick already and soon you will be able to use your personal pens. I just use Amazon for my accessories because many craft stores stopped carrying Brother supplies a while ago. A shame.